1. 9th Trondheim International Chamber Music Academy, TICC - Academy, 2016 is open to string quartets.
2. Applications will be accepted from musicians of all nationalities provided the combined maximum age of the quartet members as of 1 September 2016 does not exceed 116 years. The age limit for each musician of the quartet must be under 34 and over 15 years on 1 September 2016.
3. Musicians may only enter the Academy as a member of one quartet.
4. Musicians are responsible for all travel expenses. There are possibilities for applying for travel funding, which can be provided based on the need and the total travel costs of the groups.
5. The competition will offer free lodging in 2-bed room, as well as breakfast and one hot meal a day.
6. The application portal online closes 20 April 2016. The following downloads is required:
a. A copy of birth certificate or similar official document confirming the date and place of birth of each candidate.
b. Curriculum vitae with particulars of training, awards and diplomas and recent concert appearances of the quartet.
c. Two recent professional references.
d. Two recent high-resolution photographs of the quartet, sent by the application form, by email or on an enclosed cd (not printed).
e. A recent audio recording of high quality in uncompressed audio formats, such as (WAV or AIFF), or in formats with lossless compression, such as FLAC or ALAC (.m4a), minimum Bitrate 256kbps, of the quartet containing two contrasting movements with a total duration of min. 12 minutes. This should be:
- one first movement of a Beethoven, Haydn or Mozart String quartet
- one movement from the romantic or 20th/21th century repertoire.
The recording should be recorded in one "take" and must not be edited or altered in any way. TICC - Academy reserves the right to disqualify applicants entering studio enhanced or modified tapes. Applicants are anonymous to the jury when considered for TICC - Academy.
f. A letter from a teacher or professional musician certifying the authenticity of the recording.
7. There will be a non-refundable entry fee of EUR 160 per quartet which should not be sent before the application has been accepted.
8. Each quartet will be required to prepare one work of free choice of a minimum duration of 20 minutes. Each participant will also be expected to prepare works to be played together with the instructors. These works will be announced once the participating quartets have been chosen.
9. All participants shall agree to have their performances recorded, filmed or broadcast on radio or television anywhere in the world. No payment will be made to participants for the recording or broadcasting of the Academy performances.
10. Rehearsal facilities, including the provision of music stands, will be available to all participants.
11. English is the official language.
One string quartet of free choice, min. duration of 20’
b) One work which the quartet will play together with one of the instructors. Announced after selection of the participants (for example piano quintets, string quintets or similar).